Friday, March 22, 2024

Editing Day One

BlOGG! WHAT'S UP?? We are currently in Bari, Italy but of course, we are still working on the Portfolio Project. You guys might be wondering what I've been working on the last couple of days. Well, I finished filming about 6 days ago and I've been editing a little bit since. The reason I couldn't finish editing yet is that I had homework for other classes and tests I had to complete beforehand since I was traveling before spring break ended. But anyway guys, today I'm glad to say I did a lot. I edited almost the whole first part of my movie opening entirely and pretty much all that's left to edit is the dinner scene which is going to be tragic since I have to put together all the sounds recorded on my mom's phone with the videos and match them perfectly. But anyway let me show you guys a sneak peek of the editing process:


So as I said in the last blog post, I am using CapCut to edit my piece and it's been super easy and reliable to use. I've also been housing Pixabay for some sounds including the alarm, shower, and nature sounds. For the music for the opening, I wanted a Cumbia song to match the Argentinian vibe and I just couldn't get a good one on Pixabay. What I did was I went on YouTube and searched up "royalty-free cumbia music" and I found something pretty nice! I then copied the link for the video and used a free online converter to convert the video into an mp3 file.

Link to mp3 converter used: https://y2mate.nu/KsDg/

Also as you guys can see in the picture above, there's a moment where Felipe stops running because his alarm sounds so I thought it would be cool to also add a sound effect where it sounded like the music was coming from his headphones. All I did was apply the vinyl effect, lower the strength and noise, and boom! Overall today was a success in my book and I believe tomorrow I will be able to finish the whole thing or at least as soon as possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR 1 AND 2 POST

  CCR 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlzhBwYmGSg CCR 2:                                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaW...